Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We have a court date and other prayer requests...

We have a court date to finalize our adoption. It is on the 12th of Decemeber. Everything is going well legally except that the Immigration officials have Luke's birth certificate and we need to find another copy. So I would ask that you all pray that another one can be obtained with EASE from the Haitian side of this. I feel at peace but want to have all our ducks in a row. In order to get our adoption credit we need to have this all finalized by the end of the year. In addition we cannot get healthcare on Luke until he is in our name legally. If we had to we could apply for a medical card but would rather not go that route if we can avoid it since we have a family plan.

Also I would ask that you continue to pray for the house situation. We dropped the price today and hope that will bring a new set of lookers. The market is slow but God is big. Our desire to downsize would not only decrease my need to work but would potentially give us some extra cash to pursue Merildia's adoption. Since this adoption process started we have felt the blessings of giving to others. We are feeling what we have missed out on by not giving more of our money towards things that scripture mandates.


One funny thing today is that Luke got stuck in his sleeping bag. He was climbing in it and didn't turn around and thought he was in there forever. His heart was beating wildly and he was sweating profusely. I was talking to my friend Sheri and so she now knows we are still alive!!

Luke is speaking quite a bit of English. We are going to video him in hopes to put it on here so all of you can hear his really cool accent. He says "What are you doing?" "Oh my worb(not word)" "I don't know". I know he will lose the tone he has but it is so fun right now.

Today I have been trying to meal plan. I have inventoried all my food and meat and made meals for at least 6-7 weeks. I am hoping this will help save in the food area. I am also starting some poultry/beef/venison bases to have on hand for fast meals. I will tell you the kids are climbing the walls and we are now headed outside. Tim has no idea what he is going to walk into when he gets home. heheeh
Have a good evening.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Insurance Industry News. Powered by Blogger