Luke and Laci are in superchurch and learn verses each week for candy(like we need any). This week it was exciting for us as Luke wanted to learn 1 Timothy 4:12, "Do not let any one look down on you because you are young" He even said it at superchurch. Pretty exciting. He seems to really be understanding and today while we were driving he looked out the window and said, "Oh my word!" I noticed today he seemed a little more frustrated at times that we didn't understand him. He is so worn out times and every time we get into the van says, "Domme" which mean I want to sleep or bed. He also like for us to sit in the back between him and Laci. We decided today we are going to start carrying pillows in our vehicles to make it easier for us.
I think I shared earlier that Luke loves to snuggle and kiss and hug. We have been working on how and when to kiss and who. So today we have the kids outside and they are playing and I sat down on Tim's lap and began to kiss Tim. He did not like that one bit. He made all kinds of signs towards Tim and me and shook his head no. Then I asked him if I could kiss him and he shook his head yes a whole bunch. Then he wrinkles his nose and looks at Tim and points to me and then shakes his head and says, "No beze" for No kiss. We were not sure what to think as none of the books talked about this. We knew he might bond more with one parent at first but didn't think he would be quite this possessive. So to work it out I kissed all over each of the girls faces(S & C really loved this part) hehe and said "My girls" and kissed his face and said "My boy" He seemed satisfied but kept his eye on Tim. So then I went to Tim and gave him 1 kiss. Luke frowned but didn't asked as upset. About 30 minutes later he came to me and said "One kiss for Daddy!" I said how about 2 kisses and he said "NO 1 kiss" I said "Only 1 kiss for my Luke?"and he held up both hands showing his five fingers and said "10 for El peno Luke" When Tim is around he reminds us that Tim only gets one. Tim laughed and said I guess we'd better make it a good one then. I learned the Kreyol word for married but who knows what concept that he has of that one.
He seems to be sleeping a little better. He gets up at least one time per night and usually we try to go lay down with him. I feel like I have a GIANT newborn that eats A LOT!! He weighs close to fifty and I know he has lost the use of his legs since arriving in the USA. He loves to be carried. We do it as much as we can but my oh my is he solid as a rock! Today he has eaten literally 8 full meals and just brought me a box of spaghetti to cook. I am running out of ideas. Thankfully he likes soups so I have 3 made and feed him 3 bowls at feeding. He ate 7 bananas in a 24 hour period and half of the chicken that I roasted in the crockpot. At first we figured this would slow down when he realized that we have plenty of food to eat(Well we did! heeheh) but I think he just eats like a horse.
He continues to be a blessing for all of us and we love looking at life through his eyes. Tonight Laci leaned over kissed his cheek, looked at me and said, "I love him so much" What a blessing that even though she is adjusting to sharing toys, parents, sissies, and her life that she still feels the blessing of adding Luke to our family.
Thanks to those of you praying for our home. No sale yet but I am reminded in Galatians 6 to "not grow weary while doing good for in due time we will reap the harvest" Tim and I both feel God leading us to sell so but we are ready NOW and at times feel weary. That is me this weekend. Have a great week.
Ronda
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Only 1!!! and first verse
Posted by Ronda at 4:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment