I can't believe it has been one month that we have had Luke. It has been a month full of blessings as well as adjustments but all in all this has been an experience I would have never wanted to miss out on. Here are some things that I have learned in the past month:
1. That if God loves us as unconditionally as we have loved this little boy then we are selfish not sharing the gospel with everyone who needs to hear.
2. That kids will delay naptime/bedtime no matter what language they speak.
3. That boys are loud! Rowdy! Giggly! Fun! Loveable! Cuddly! Kissable! Snugglie!
4. That Prince Charming is just that-Charming!
5. That twins don't have to be from the same country
6. That the older I get the more I love a messy house.
7. That God's timing while elusive and unknown is ALWAYS the best timing.
8. That older siblings are a tremendous help and I don't tell them enough
9. That it is possible to learn a second language REALLY fast and actually know what is being said.
10. You can't hit the toilet from the hallway(Luke tried to do this but thankfully Tim stopped him)
11. Life is SO short and we sweat the small stuff.
12. In one short month, the phrase, "Hey, that's mine" is learned.
I catch myself staring at both kids in wonder and just can't imagine our lives before adoption. The entire process has caused me to re-evaluate who I am deep in my heart and look at myself and see if I am who God wants to me be. I have seen that I am so full of me that I don't always empty me of me and fill me with Christ. I want to model this to my kids. One scripture that we clung to in the last few stressful weeks of the adoption was Psalms 91. I love the part where God covers us with His wing. We have felt the mighty hand of God in our home this past month. There have been rough times but it is usually because we have gotten out of the wing of our Almighty one. Today we made cookies and tonight we will have a one month party to celebrate our new boy. Laci is so awesome and although sharing her position in the family with someone else has been hard(but very needed) she is doing amazing and watches out for him. I laugh that as he is older he will become her protector. He does not like anyone to threaten the boundary he placed around me. He now allows Tim to kiss me and isn't as threatened. Last night when we played knights, I was the only one he wouldn't stab with his play sword. He loves to snuggle, kiss, hug...At night when he wakes and we go to lay down with him, oh boy. He will try to lay all over us and squeeze us and kiss us and snuggle us. It is pretty cool. Today as we watched a singing video Laci announced, "Luke those people are not in our world. I think they are in another one." She asks us that a lot. We think she wonders if they live close. I asked her if she meant dead or alive and she just looked at me so I don't think that was it.
I posted some of the photos we took this past week. We love the sleeping ones. Courtney took those and I love both angelic faces!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
One month ago today...
Posted by Ronda at 8:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I so admire what you and Tim are doing and how you can see God's blessing and protection and His provision for you..I also love your energy that comes through your stories of your days. God bless you for all that you are doing...
God is so good isn't he!?
Post a Comment