Sunday, November 16, 2008

More from today...

I keep having wonderful memories of today and want to add all that I remember. Thank you to "Aunt Velma" who gave an awesome comparison to our adoption in Christ and the adoption of Luke . If you are reading this and you are not adopted into the family of God through salvation, please post a comment and I will get to you. You don't want to miss out on this free, life changing and eternal gift from our Savior, Jesus Christ!

I forgot to thank Lesli for the great decorations and also to Paula who loaned her camera to Jason so he could take lots of pictures.

On another note, I wanted to record some cute sayings of the kids this weekend. Laci told me as we were leaving "See ya later at the showerbath!" I am guessing her Daddy made up some funny story of what we ladies do at showers to celebrate our weddings and our babies! We also play a game called "what we like about ...." It has to be a character trait and nothing physical about that person. Last night Laci and I were playing as we took a bubble bath in our Jacuzzi tub and she told me she liked that on Sunday I smell much better than I do on other days. So I apologize to those of you who have had to endure my odor as I was unaware.

Luke's greatest adjustment has been that he is slightly afraid he will be returning to Haiti at some point. We were filling a box to send to Haiti and I told him it would be going with Pastor Yves(Eve) to Haiti for the workers whom I listed by name. He told me very emphatically that "No, I am staying with my momma" So we now play a game about how Yves will come to our house, have dinner, look at Luke's room, toys, pony, bike, visit with Momma and Daddy and then we go to the door and wave goodbye Pastor Yves. He just laughs and says, "Luke your baby?" then I say forever and we kiss and hug and kiss and hug and giggle and kiss and hug. I can tell that he is starting to get it that he will always be here. I can see a difference in his security because he has realized this. Today as I left for the shower he yells bye Momma. That is an improvement from where we started. So he knows I'll be back.

I pray you have a blessed week with your loved ones and thanks again to ALL of you who are part of our lives.
Ronda

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Insurance Industry News. Powered by Blogger