Thursday, November 20, 2008

The prayers of the righteous are powerful...

These past few weeks I have been praying for a friend with some potential health problems. This week she would find out what was going on. This morning as I was cooking and trying to stay in a constant state of prayer on her behalf the Lord brought Luke 8:50 to my mind, "Do not be afraid; just believe and she will be healed." I am amazed that this passage is even directed towards a girl. I was fearful for the path that this friend might have to walk and this just settled my spirit. I was reminded that as I prayed my ultimate prayer on her behalf was to heal her and then she could give God the glory. When I received the news that there was nothing suspicious found in her body I rejoiced because I believe God has healed her because of the prayers of those of us who love her. I know our bodies age but God is so good and wants to answer our earnest prayers. I was speechless and moved to tears. I am so THANKFUL for this answered prayer for my special friend.

This week I was asked if I feel differently for Luke than I do our biological children. The love is the same but the awe at how we got Luke never ceases to amaze me. I prayed for YEARS for other kids and then we got Laci. Then I wanted a sibling for her and never had one. My heart aches thinking if God had answered our prayers, we would not have Luke. I found a list of things I was praying for Luke since we knew we would adopt him. One of the requests was that he would have an affinity for acquiring our language with ease. I honestly look at how easily he has aclimated to us and know that this has nothing to do with us but with what the Lord plans on doing with Luke's life. We were told he has said he wants to be a pastor when he grows up. As I watched him play yesterday, I was overtaken by the thoughts that as I have always known our kids are not ours but gifts on loan waiting to work for Jesus. I was overwhelmed to think that God chose us LITERALLY to be Luke's family. We have always said we would be open to any adoption but God would have to drop him/her in our laps! He has done this for us. Also I wonder what God's plan for Luke's life is. He rescued him out of Haiti and now he is growing up here among us and I know God is going to use him in a mighty way. What a tremendous responsibility for us! Our other burden is getting Merilda. I just think that it would be such a blessing for them to be able to grow up together. I keep thinking of Matthew 19:26, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." We know that if God wants her here then she will get here and nothing can stand in the way. However, we know we will have to rebuke the enemy who will be fast on our heels to prevent this precious child from knowing Jesus and having an abundant life. Therefore I want to stay steadfast on Jesus who commands us to care for orphans.

As you seek the Lord, give him your hearts desire and if you have something that needs "fixing" from healing to finances to jobs to kids... Just Believe and God can take care of them in His time.

Blessings!
Ronda

1 comments:

Evy said...

Amen!! God is amazing..and so are you!
Love you!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Insurance Industry News. Powered by Blogger