It is official-we can no longer speak of Luke in front of him. Today Laci was saying that Luke wouldn't share Lexi(a little girl who was adopted by a family in Wichita. We watched her today) Luke pipes up and says, "Well Laci got to sit by her 2 times and I only sat by her 1 time." So I guess that means he is understanding pretty much all of what we say. I sat down and wrote all that he knows to add so we would not forget. He knows his name, his birthday, how old he is, his phone number, whose boy he is(the correct answer is Momma's boy), whose hunting buddy he is, whose baby he is, his colors(most of the time) and the names of all our pets(4 horses, 8 cats, 3 dogs) He sometimes gets the girls mixed up which is funny. He also is learning his sounds of the letters and that is helping his speech. We play a game where he says he needs to go to bed and I snuggle him and then I ask him a lot of questions about things. He is getting pretty good at it.
I attached some photos of the last few days. Of the shower items, he loves them all but I knew he would love his suit so thanks to Jennifer's crew for that! The orange shirt is from by brother's family. He looks really good in bright colors. Then we had Nee Nee here today and this is a picture of the kids. I am officially hooked on wanting to get Merilda. It would be so neat to have her here. Shelbie and Courtney are going to Haiti in May and so I look forward to the video and the pictures they will bring of her. We are praying for the Lord's provision of the inital cost to start her paperwork. I was told today by the coordinator we need about $1000.00 We have to file a I600 and also get fingerprinted for immigration and to prove we are not bad people. I think the Lord placed this desire here for us so we'll just have to see how he decides to provide.
My time at home is winding down for which I am very sad but I knew it would come to an end. I feel all postpartum at times and am sad as adjusting is hard yet I remember with each of the girls I loved getting to know them(as babies) and just not worrying about much. The showing of the house is going good but I am about worn out trying to keep it picked up. That is getting really old. Thanks for praying for us. I know the Lord is doing a great work and my time is not HIS.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
It's Official...
Posted by Ronda at 3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment