Thursday, October 16, 2008

Today

Pase' Bon Nwi!!(Good evening) to all. Today has been another fun day having "TWINS". Ok now I know how my friend Leslie feels! We have played hard all day. We have had a couple of moments which we are not sure if they are language frustrations or our Prince Charming just seeing how loyal his court is. heehehe. He got mad at us and spit on the floor. I about cracked up but we patiently tell him "NON" for no and then walked him to the sink or toilet to spit. We have had to use rete' a lot which is stop and vini for come here. I learned to say please so it didn't sound like a harsh command for I think our tone is universal. He shakes his head a lot no when he is angry and we just stroke him and tell him we love him in Kreyol but that we have to have kind hearts. He softens pretty easily to music but boy oh boy I think he may have a strong stubborn streak. Not to lose heart though because for now I am bigger and more stubborn so we'll see who will win! :)

He is such a blessing to us. His little personality is so fun. We are amazed that even without words we can see his culture peeking through at us. What a gentle and loving people they must be(strong and stubborn too) I think that is what gives them to will to withstand the conditions they live in. He wants to help fold, clean up(this frustrates Laci who wants to know why they just can't make a mess and clean later) and keep things orderly. Tonight after his bath he folded his clothes, brushed his teeth with his new electric toothbrush(laughing this hearty laugh) and then picks up everything. He even hangs up his clothes and makes a big circle with his arms and says "Mwa 's" which mean we think "this is mine" We say Wi which means yes and he says Mesi which means thank you. Today when I was giving him his lunch he said in pretty good English with his cool accent, "thank you momma" ok so I am melting. He eats like a horse, no more I think. We are trying to keep him from gorging himself. For breakfast he ate 2 1/2 PBJ's , a banana and loves his vitamins. We are giving him some potent good stuff to make up for his lack so far. Then as we play we keep small amounts of food around so he can see food is abundant here.

We watch him with sheer fascination and are prodded deep within our hearts at how good we have it. The gratefulness which he displays amazes us and makes us realize what selfish people we in America can be. We are seeing life through a new set of eyes. The delight as he rode his bike, teeter tottered, rode the lawn mower, rode the horses. But the coolest of all is the respect he shows us. He actually washed his own fork last night and put it away with a pride we don't see very often. Pretty special.

Call if you'd like to come visit. We are make short outings as we think that going kinda scares him that he somehow will have to go back to his homeland. We know how to say "you will live with us forever" He shakes his head no but I think that is just so he won't be disappointed. Boy has he got another thing coming. We do know that he will grieve for people we do not know but the newness will wear off and he will miss those he has known so far. Pray for him that he will get through it and we can show him a new love from people who will always be here for him.

The Twins are asleep so I had better get to bed myself. I am taking Tylenol PM tonight because I feel like a new mom and can't get rest. I need some. Laci is doing well. She figured out today that if you throw a fit you don't get anything. I think she saw Luke and how we tried to soothe him. So we told her no way chickie. Scooped her up and snuggled. We have had all four of us in bed so she is not left out. We kicked them out tonight and they each have a sleeping bag on the floor at the foot of our bed. I can't let my babies too far from me yet. Have a blessed evening.

Feeling indescribably grateful to our Maker...
Ronda

2 comments:

Les said...

Thanks for the update!!! Can't wait to meet Prince Charming! Maybe next week the twins can all play together!
Les

Sheri Graham said...

So good to hear all the updates! I can't wait to meet him too. The boys are going to put together a box of toys for him. So, sometime I'll bring that over. Ronda, I know God is going to do great things..in you and through you..during this time. I can hear it in your post that He is working already! Keeping you in prayer, Sheri


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Insurance Industry News. Powered by Blogger