Friday, October 31, 2008

Our kiddos

As you can see we have superman and supergirl living in our home now. These PJ's light up and the kids wear them around the house trying to fly. I don't remember if I told blogged about how Luke accidentally launched himself into a sliding glass door about 5 days after arriving. He has some scratches on his nose from it. It reminded us of the windex commercial. Kinda shocked him and thankfully didn't do any damage.

I think the language barrier and trying to learn a learn a new language has worn Luke out. I love this picture of him. We have one of Laci as a newborn asleep like this with a bow on her back that has a gift tag that says "From God" I think this is her twin's picture like that. He seems to be really worn out at the end of the day.

This week we can tell he is missing his former friends and life and he is clingy a little more and just quieter. I think he is feeling unsure of what is to come and so we are making every attempt to let him know that he is our son and will not leave here-EVER. He is sleeping with us and snuggles at every opportunity. Many of the adoption books we have/are reading state it is good for kids to grieve and miss what they knew as normal. So we are trying to talk on the phone to people he knew and get with the other Haitian kids. That seems to ease his mind some. We plan on calling Yvonne from Haiti who took care of him prior to coming to the States and having him tell him he is our boy and no one will take him from us. We also feel he needs to know we will see all the people he can from around here that are associated with Haiti.

Here is our trampoline with Tim and his wrestling mania. They love to get in there and just dogpile on Tim. I think having twins is a great way to get into shape. We spend lots of time running, biking, playing, giggling, tickling and eating!!

I would ask that you pray specifically that Luke could supernaturally know in his heart that he is forever ours and that there is no threat of being moved again.


0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Insurance Industry News. Powered by Blogger