For many of you this will seem like a LOT of details but I decided this is where I am going to plant my thoughts so later I can just print them out and paste them somewhere. Luke had a blast on Sat. We played at my folks most of the afternoon. He drove(on my Dad's lap) the tractor, lawn mower, and pickup. He went on his first hayrack ride and ate a lot of food. He went to bed one tired boy. On Sunday we were invited to the home of one of the couples who adopted a little Haitian girl named Lexi. It was so fun to watch them interact. The dynamics of how they acted towards each other were so cool. Whenever Lexi came close to Luke in the play car he would jump out of it and give it to her. Another time she about fell into the coffee table and he lost all interest in everything else and just focused on her and made sure she was ok. The kids were running in and out of the house onto the deck thru a sliding door. Luke saw another into the family room and superman style ran for the entrance and the door was still closed. He face planted into that glass door. Reminded us of the windex commercial for clean windows. Ami must really clean her place well. It was cute but we felt sad for him. He is so tough. He kinda showed it to us and then he was off. Yves(Haitian man from the US) was also at the home we were at so it was fun having him ask Luke things for us. He asked Luke if he wanted to live here forever and Luke responded with something that translated like "Yes, this is kinda like paradise." We of course all melted. He seemed a little worried that Yves was going to return him to Haiti but we kept telling him "our tega" which means our little boy sealed with lots of kisses. Even if he was unsure of staying he is stuck here.
One thing he is learning is that we like to kiss a lot. He has really started to play this up for ALL it is worth. If I am holding him he'll go to Tim for lots of kisses then to Court for lots of kisses and then to Shelbie. Last night when we got home from our friends' home he looked around and said Shelbie and leaned towards her. We translated this to mean tonight Shelbie is my girl. He has tried to use the girls against us. When we get after him, he wants to go to one of them. We have had to tell them to say to him, "Say sorry and then we'll hold you." Sometimes he does and other times he shakes his head. His expressions are pretty priceless and I want to get them on video because I think some of that will change once he can communicate better. His tone is harsh at times and we practice saying things in a nice voice. He likes to imitate us which is kinda funny right now but we don't tell him or let him see our almost laughing because when he is 10 it won't be funny.
Today we went to visit Tim's school. Tim is off one more day. I dread him going back because he is such a help here. I also love having him around a lot. I know Luke will miss him. For those of you who have boys you will giggle but I have had to learn a little about the potty business for boys. Seems like it kinda is a vague thing for how this works. I have learned not to ask questions just point in the right direction. He seems to have this mastered and we are glad for that and he also gets up in the night if he needs to go. But when he needs to read the newspaper he hollers "Pappa" when done. I keep teasing Courtney that we're changing it to "ort knee" That is how her names sounds.
Laci is doing pretty well. The process for not being the only princess is a little painful at times. Today we knew she needed a break so she went to our friends to play. She was delighted to leave and he was worried where she was. Kind of an interesting dynamic. We've had to make sure she gets her time but yet we need to make sure she doesn't take advantage of our desire to make sure she knows she has not lost her place. I am so thankful we have Luke because I see gaps in what we have taught her and so although difficult to keep on top of it at times, I think that God will use this to make us parent her better. I see how patient we are with Luke and have been convicted that I am not always that way with her so I have tried to become more tender towards her when she seems to need me.
Tomorrow we go to the doctor. Luke has a hernia, and I have some other questions about getting his health up to optimum as well as just making sure he doesn't have any other problems. Laci is going to be our example so he won't be scared. We heard that doctors there make rounds for usually painful type things like shots, etc... We have a great husband/wife team for our doctors so I have great confidence he'll be fine.
I am tryng to find words to express what I have been feeling. I think I expected a little forlorn boy that needed a home. What I am finding is that we have been blessed with a bundle of energy that loves people, is the life of the party and has a contagious laugh. We laugh that he is adjusted fine. We are the ones who need adjusting. The things we are learning from him have strengthened our bond as a family and as believers responding the call of caring for orphans. I don't want to sound like we aren't adjusting because we are. But I feel we are riding on a wave of God's enormous blessing and grace because we responded to what we felt him calling us to do. For those of you who don't know, Luke has a biological little sister. We are in the process of seeing what it will take to get her to the states.
Have a blessed day!!!
The Beougher Clan
Monday, October 20, 2008
Recap of our last two days...
Posted by Ronda at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment