Saturday, October 18, 2008

How do you eat an elephant? Give it to Luke!

Can this boy put away food or what? I honestly do feel like a mother with a baby because I am constantly planning what Luke's next course will be. Yesterday he ate 3 PBJ's. I fixed 6 thinking if he saw there was plenty he would not have to eat like a horse all at once. This morning he ate 1 1/2 bowls of cereal and a bowl of oatmeal. Then 30minutes later he ate a banana and some crackers. For lunch he had a large helping of beef with tater tots and 4 pieces of baked chicken tenderloins. This afternoon we came to my parents home and my mom had planned for him and fixed his favorites. Guess what? He ate 3/4 of an entire roast. Not to mention we follow him around with healthy type foods and let him graze all day. If you would like to contribute to the Feeding the Beoughers, make your donations payable to "Tim" hehehe. So Doug I think we'll keep you in business!

He and I also had a battle of the wills at lunch. He would not stop when I said and so I scolded him and put him in timeout. Needless to say he is pretty stubborn and sat there for about 30 minutes. Wish we could tell him when you are feeling kind you may get up. But isolation seems to work as he is a serious social kid!

Tim and I are pretty worn out. I think the language barrier keeps our minds churning as we try to figure out what he needs. You cannot believe how quick I have picked up certain words and phrases. I don't know if I mentioned but about 2-3 weeks ago at work I ran into a family who had just had a baby and the mom speaks Kreyol pretty well. I text her certain things I need to know and she texts me with the way they sound so I'll say them right. Wish we would have had it on camera when I said "you are not listening" He stopped dead in his tracks. I think he was probably thinking, "wow, now I have to pay attention" His face was hilarious. Today he put Laci's doll in the play fridge and she said, "no not there" He just throws his head back and gives a belly chuckle. He also is gathering up pumpkins at my folks and putting them in the fridge. He may eat those there and so we wonder if he thinks we are crazy to leave them out. Hard to say...

I read on a friend's post that DNA is so overrated. I would say Tim and I heartily agree. Luke is very cuddly and so we loves to snuggle and tickle him and say, "Mwen Raman ou" which mean I love you. He has now started to approach us today and will tell us that. It really makes him mad when we have to scold him and we tell him that. He has some serious facial expressions but we ignore and still tell him. Little does he realize nothing can change that for us!! I wish I could say to him to go ahead and try us, you are stuck here buddy!!

His outings have started to be no big deal for him. Tim and I both have had to come and go a little just to deal with the daily happenings of life. Yesterday our horse ran his foot through sheet metal and severed and artery. We applied pressure and that save him but thankfully we had my parents over and they could help with him while we quickly hitched up the horse trailer and hauled Twister to the vet.(Twister is fine thanks to 45 minutes of hard pressure on that artery). He knew Tim and Courtney were gone but did not fret and we talked to them on the phone. That seems to help. We also say "vini habitete" which means come home so that seems to ease that worry some.

Well I will close for now. I am teasing everyone that I'll need help for weeks. After all, I have given birth to twins only 4 days ago. I can't be left alone yet. hehehe It is so much fun looking at our world through the eyes of an individual who had so little. Have a blessed weekend. Come by and meet Mr. Luke. He loves all!!
Ronda

1 comments:

Fiedler's said...

Great! Now I know what is in store when my boys are five - Ithought they ate a lot now. Hang in there we are praying for you and your family.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Insurance Industry News. Powered by Blogger