Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Remembering...

I have not posted much about the days prior to Luke's arrival but we knew from emails he was crying some and so we chose scripture to pray over him. The Lord led us to Zephaniah 3:17-20. We have fallen in love with these verses as we have seen the fruit of God's blessing on our family from standing fast on these.
"Don't be afraid.
Dear Zion,
don't despair.
Your God is present among you,
a strong Warrior there to save you.
Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love
and delight you with his songs.

18-20"The accumulated sorrows of your exile
will dissipate.
I, your God, will get rid of them for you.
You've carried those burdens long enough.
At the same time, I'll get rid of all those
who've made your life miserable.
I'll heal the maimed;
I'll bring home the homeless.
In the very countries where they were hated
they will be venerated.
On Judgment Day
I'll bring you back home—a great family gathering!
You'll be famous and honored
all over the world.
You'll see it with your own eyes—
all those painful partings turned into reunions!"
God's Promise.

We just read these and see how God is bringing home an orphan to us. What a gathering he experienced at the airport. A great family gathering there to welcome a new life into our home! Luke has been calm and has delighted us with his presence in our home. I also love these scriptures because this paints a beautiful picture of our own eternal adoption and of how we'll all be in heaven at a great family gathering. I just wanted to post this so I would never forget what a great and mighty work we have witnessed. Luke is not here by any of our works. Glory to our Gracious God!!

1 comments:

Abby said...

I have meaning to tell you this, but that day that you told me to pray that scripture over Luke, I was cleaning when I found that verse (v.17)written on an index card in my kitchen. I need to give it to you for his memory book... Loving the Beoughers
~Munoz Maniacs


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Insurance Industry News. Powered by Blogger