I have experienced something in the last 24 hours that I don't think I could have ever been prepared for...the stark reality that our kids grow up. Last night Shelbie's team lost their game on a last second shot and it hit me that her basketball season is over-FOREVER!! I don't mean to sound like doom and gloom but I can't describe how I feel that she is really growing up. I keep pinching myself and think I will wake up from a dream. That is how fast life has flown. For those of you reading this with little ones who drain you, make you tired, disobey you, make you laugh, pour water on the floor... enjoy every moment for it will be gone in the twinkling of an eye. I know in my heart this is how it is supposed to be and for her health and ability to mature in to an adult, I am thankful but it still tugs at both Tim and my hearts at how fast the time went from baby to almost adult. Her maturity amazes me and her desire to follow Christ awesome, but it still went WAY TO FAST FOR THIS MOMMA'S HEART!!! Last night after she came home from the game, she allowed me to snuggle her in our bed. Memories flooded my heart at how blessed we have been to be a part of her life. Shelbie Rene' I love you sooo much! But as the saying goes, "Life does go on..."
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment