Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break Happenings

It has been a long time since I posted. Spring Break was more like Spring work here. We sorted, boxed up, threw out, hauled off, ... get the picture. I am excited though as I dreaded cleaning our garage out. It is done and Tim's man cave is well under way. There is a sign on the door that says "Men". He got it at an antique mall before Luke. I guess when you live in a house of women you need reassurance. hehehehe

Luke continues to amaze us. Probably the most sensitive thing he has said so far concerns a baby that died to cancer in early February named Cora. As I was reading their blog, I was crying and Luke wanted to know what was wrong. I told him about this baby and that her mamma was so sad and wanted to hold her baby. He said, "I will pray and ask my mamma in heaven to hold her baby for her." That made me cry more!! But just to see his heart and how he understands being sad. He is talking a lot about Haiti. We are writing down what he says so that some day he will know we love the land he is from and don't want him to forget it. He tells us what Gabriella would cook for him. Tim lays in bed and night and they all tell stories and so he will fill us in on how he got a scar or who he played with. It is amazing that he has over 5 years of memories in his brain. We also are talking about his parents a lot and how they must have loved snuggling him as a baby and kissing his adorable cheeks.

In case I have not posted, LUKE CAN STILL EAT AN ELEPHANT!! Those of you with boys, oh um, am I learning about the volume of food they can put away. He has really grown and gained over 10 pounds, grown 3 inches and 2 shoe sizes. All the clothes he got when he came to the States are now too small.

Laci Jo is thriving as well. We love to watch her enjoy her new brother. It is like he was made to fit right into the family. The twinlets love to swim and so we are starting to go to the Rec center in Newton and so this past week he shed his life jacket. Luke is so teachable and that is a great characteristic when you have no fear!

Shelbie is counting down the days to Graduation. Yes, she is growing up! She has been accepted into Eric Fisher Academy of Hair and will start in July. Her plans are to use this to be a stay at home mom when the time comes and have a business there. Marriage-then I will be a basket case. hehehe

Courtney is riding, riding , riding. I am so amazed at how much knowledge she has in the horse arena. She is getting excited for some local shows. Last Sat. her horse fell and hit his head. Needed stitches and so the vet offered to let her come and spend a day. He teased her that she needs to learn what to cry over. He told her this was not a big deal. In his vet humor he said when the horse comes in a trailer and his leg in the truck, then she could cry. Dabar is her horse that shows how God runs the show and not anyone else. He has a bad foot that should have him a cripple but he goes to shows and amazes us with his powerful and majestic strides. Dabar means "God's spoken word". Courtney wants to use his perceived lameness as a testament to what God wants, God gets!

No word on Josie but we are standing fast on God's will and will trust Him and not the Haitian government. Last word was that we were too old and had been married too long. I guess we could just start all over but this time I want Hawaii for my honeymoon! The Haitian life expectancy is about 45 years so they may think we are going to kick off in a few years. We just continue to trust.


Have a great week!

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Insurance Industry News. Powered by Blogger