My Dad brought us some firewood today and this his helpers. They each earned a $1. The kids were thrilled.

We had our family pictures taken last week and here are a few of the ones. They all turned out so good. Many of you will be receiving some in the mail.
I have not posted for a while so I thought I would update on everything that I can remember. We had Yves over and Luke did great. He loves to play the guitar and I will post a photo of them playing. Luke's favorite song is "Trading My Sorrows" He was singing it in Creole with Yves and Nini. Yves told him that he would never have to return to the orphanage. That seems to have given him an extra measure of security as he is sleeping better and doesn't seem as worried when we go places. One thing that we think Luke is doing is "forgetting" Haiti. Yesterday he was talking to Nini on the phone and he handed it to me and said "I don't know what she is saying. Here, you talk to her." We can't imagine he would have forgotten his language but we wonder if he is just deciding this is the new way. I have been holding onto his cool accent and the way the Creole words sound but I think he must feel very secure and happy to move forward which is what we want of course. He did answer all of Yves questions in English and Yves talked to him in predominantly Creole. I guess we do have a very smart boy.
Our new thing today is that Luke has a very wobbly front bottom tooth. He is worried it will hurt when he eats but seems to want me to wiggle it a lot. If it were my girls I'd just jerk it out but I am a little afraid he'll think I am a pain inflicting monster if I am not too careful.
We are trying to gear up for Christmas. I am holding out that we will be moving over the holidays and don't want to overdecorate. We are still showing the house and have yet another showing tomorrow evening. This is literally about to send me into craziness. I am so tired of a clean house. So for all of you who can, live in a cluttered mess for me. Ok?
Have a great day. We are looking forward to all of the basketball starting up. Shelbie hurt her other knee yesterday and so we went to the ortho and got a knee brace for that side.
We'll keep you posted-We are starting a blog for Merilda. Someone came forward to donate the funds to begin our adoption. We still have a LONG way to go in raising the money but at least it is our way of feeling we are step out on faith. Our first step is getting things going in Haiti and that means getting her a birth certificate. So she will begin the process as Merilda Josie Leigh Elpenor. Tim's grandma's name was Josie and his grandpa's was Leigh. Josie means "God will add and increase". Look for link...and you can keep updated.
Ronda
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
It is "OLD"(Cold)especially if you have been in the Carribean...
Posted by Ronda at 10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment