Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Greetings from Box land!!

Do you realize how much junk we all have? Ok maybe some junk and some good stuff. But I realized how much unneeded junk I have. Soooooo, as I unbox and sort I will be cleaning out my collection of unneeded and cluttering items. I have been doing this with my heart as well and God has been good to reveal to me some areas that I have lots of cobwebs in and areas that I need to totally surrender. So as I clean my outside world my inner woman is getting a bit of a makeover too!!

We are in our new place and really love the set up. The outside is awesome!! The kids have a long drive to ride bikes and a huge sandpile that they have created a village to play with rivers, bridges, homes, trees, and all sorts of things. If you have not read the book Roxaboxen I would check it out because this is kind of like a Roxaboxen. This book is one of Tim and I's favorite stories. Tim has a great garage that has heating and AC and is finished out. It will become his "Man Cave" as our friend Kurt calls it. He has an entertainment center, a couch, and I think he will be doing some garage saling to outfit this den. hehehe We have a wrap around porch with a deck and have had a few outdoor picnics on our nicer days. Courtney has an awesome barn and is able to ride inside on icy/cold/snowy days which is a blessing for her and great for the horses so they can always be exercised. Our house is an old 1912 farmhouse. The former owners had spent the money on siding, windows and new heating/air so all the costly upgrades are done. We have four bedrooms but only one bath and this is KILLING us!! We do have an outhouse and I know Tim and I both have used it when the other is occupied. We look forward(well, not really) to fixing it up and making it have our "touch". I often take for granted how blessed I am that Tim can essentially take any thing I want and create it for me. I told him I am wanting to pick up some extra shifts so I can start working on some of our dreams. You all are welcome anytime just call first as we are on the run a lot with the girls' sports.

Update on Luke! What can I say about this amazing guy. He has gained about 10 pounds, grown over 2 inches and gone from a 1 to a 3 shoe. He knows a lot of English and never speaks Kreyol. Shelbie is taking an online Kreyol class and will say words to him and says he doesn't know. Sometimes I believe him and other times I think this is a smoke screen for I will act like I don't know them you can't send me back. We notice that he is very secure here yet will say things to make sure he is like, "do you want me to go back to Gabriella?" Over the move he told us that his Mom died and asked us if we knew it. We were pretty speechless and Tim told him that his mom had died to so for awhile we had to talk about cancer, etc... It was odd as when we asked him if he knew how she died, he told us she was old. We had to laugh as we don't know her age but I can't imagine she was too old.

Two things that are prominent in Luke's life right now are speech class and trying to wrap his mind around our social system. The whole married thing intrigues him. He will ask me or Tim of any person we talk to if we kiss them, are getting married or are we going home with them. We try to avoid the word married. It is quite comical. Shelbie and Courtney are constantly asked if they are married to whoever is with us or we know. It is funny. We are working on language skills and phonetic sounds with Luke. He sees a speech teacher and is working on certain words. His ability to speak is at about 5 years old which isn't bad for only living here for 3 months. But he is difficult to understand. It is amazing how we understand it all like you would your 2 year old. But for others he is virtually impossible. It will improve with time and getting his hearing tested is another step we will take.

At Christmas we celebrated Luke's #6 and so on Christmas eve we gave him his gifts and he said 'But it is not my birthday it is Jesus's birthday" Quite a bit of perspective for someone his age. We will never forget that statement as we needed to hear it in the midst of frantic moving.

Probably the most exciting for us though is that Luke accepted Christ on Jan 8th. He is totally enthralled with the whole cross story and is worried about the crown of thorns so he was drilling Courtney one day and then asked her to help him pray. Pretty exciting for our whole family. We are enamored by how we feel God has a tremendous plan for his life as he seems to really love Bible stories, music and asking what a Jesus heart would do. That comes in really handy during defiant times as we can say, "Jesus would not want us to be unkind to our sister" He seems to really respond to that. Ok maybe we abuse it at times but hey it works!! eheheh

Laci is still adjusting but loves having a brother. They play great together. I am so glad God put a sibling in her life to well let's just say DETHRONE the PRINCESS!! She definitely needed some refinining that only someone your size can provide. So that is a blessing. I have to laugh at some of the things they are selfish about. Oh I need more blanket. You got more food. I wanted that cup. You are in my space. But for the most part she is so giving and tender with him. That is definitely part of her personality is tenderness for others. My mom had some veins removed and I really played up being careful and not jumping on her(they run to her to get her all to themselves first and then pile on her) Laci just hugged and asked if she hurt then said, "Grandma I am so sorry". It is nice to see a side like that in your kiddos.

The older girls are doing great. Both are basketball studs and we are loving watching them play. Shelbie is praying about where God is leading her after graduation and so that is exciting to hear her talk of how God is speaking to her.

Sorry this is long but I have been wanting to post our thoughts. Have a great snowy day. I love days like this when we just have to stay home. Hooooraaayyyyy!!!!

1 comments:

Sheri Graham said...

Hi Ronda,

It was so good to hear an update on Josie. We'll keep praying! We would love to stop in and see you sometime...maybe when it warms up a bit! It is SO COLD to get out with the little ones.

How excited about Luke accepting Christ! Awesome! What a special little boy he is!

Have a great week and I'll see you soon!

Love, Sheri


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Insurance Industry News. Powered by Blogger